The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of technical projects alongside a team of senior specialists, support in communication with clients and managing time across several tasks and projects. He/she will work closely with colleagues based in Abu Dhabi and the UK to deliver high quality solutions on a range of projects including environmental permitting, environmental impact assessments and scenarios for policy development. The role will include significant air quality technical work using relevant modelling software, provision of technical reports and task management.
Key Competencies and Minimum Requirements
• BA/BS or MSc. in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related field
• + 2 years of required experience in air quality modelling using USEPA suite of models
• Excellent computer and programming skills (C++; Java, Fortran; Linux-Base, etc.)
• Proficiency in the understanding and interpretation of air quality regulations and air quality modelling results
• Verbal and written communication skills; able to coordinate and interface directly with team leader and project stakeholders
• Organization skills, attention to detail in recording field data
• Good knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software to create reports
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
If selected for interview, candidates will be required to describe the technical detail (models used, data preparation, post-processing methods employed for example) of any qualifying modelling studies from their CV. They will be expected to clearly evidence their responsibilities as a consultant in the cited projects and will be asked to discuss the relevance of the projects in the context of this role. Applicants with demonstrable experience covering multiple phases of a typical air quality modelling project are preferred, and in particular those with experience preparing modelling studies for a regulatory audience or client. We are particularly interested in those with experience in several air quality models and their application to impact assessment and policy analysis involving multiple emission sources or sectors.
• Commensurate with experience
• Inclusive of basic salary, housing allowance and transportation allowance
If interested, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to the following e-mail address: email@example.com before June 30, 2020.